Article 1: Scope of application of Terms
- The Terms shall apply to all users who, in connection with the Official Account operated by the Prefecture and the Secretariat and services incidental thereto (the "Services"), use the Services (referring to any act of using the Services by means of submission, posting, publication, display, provision, browsing, or direct message function)(the "Users").
Article 2: Operation Content
Article 3: Matters regarding compliance for use
- Users shall not engage in any act that falls under any of the following items in connection with the use of the Website (the "Prohibited Acts"):
- Acts of spoofing to third parties including the Prefecture and the Secretariat;
- Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe the rights and interests of the Prefecture and the Secretariat, other Users or third parties;
- Acts of slandering or defaming the Prefecture and the Secretariat, third parties or their business or services, or of posting or transmitting information without ground;
- Acts that infringe or are likely to infringe the privacy of third parties without obtaining the consent of the third parties concerned, such as the identification, disclosure or divulgence of personal information;
- Election campaign activities or similar acts;
- Missionary or solicitation activities in connection with a specific religion, organization or association;
- Acts of profit making using the Services or similar acts (including the introduction or solicitation of Web sites);
- Acts of posting or transmitting malicious computer programs or disguised files;
- Acts of interfering with the use or access by other Users of the Services, in whole or in part;
- Acts of posting or transmitting information of harmful, obscene, violent or discriminative content or information that suggests or induces such content;
- Acts that lead to or are likely to lead to criminal acts;
- Acts that interfere with the operation of the Services or that damage the trust of the Prefecture and the Secretariat;
- In addition to the acts in any of the foregoing items, acts that violate or are likely to violate laws, regulations or good public order or morals; or
- Other acts that the Prefecture and the Secretariat judge to be inappropriate with regard to the Services;
- If Users post comments that fall under the Prohibited Acts as set forth in any item of the preceding paragraph, the Prefecture and the Secretariat may block the account of said Users or delete said posting without advance notice; provided that such deletion shall be limited to posting that the Prefecture and the Secretariat are able to delete when it uses the relevant social media.
- If Users cause third parties to suffer loss or damage in connection with the use of the Services, he/she shall compensate such loss or damage suffered by or shall settle any disputes with said third parties on his/her own responsibility and expense, and he/she shall indemnify and hold harmless the Prefecture and the Secretariat from and against claims raised by the third party for such loss or damage.
Article 4: Disclaimer
- The Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not warrant the accuracy, completeness or lawfulness, etc. of information in connection with the contents of the Official Account, postings, comments, images or videos.
- The Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not be liable for any use of the Services by Users.
- Under no circumstances shall the Prefecture and the Secretariat be liable for any damages incurred by the Users arising out of discontinuance, suspension, termination, unavailability, or modification by the Prefecture and the Secretariat of the Services, cancellation or loss of messages or information transmitted by the Users to the Services, deletion of the registration of the Users, loss of registered data or failure of or damage to equipment through the use of the Services, or otherwise in connection with the Services.
- The Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not be liable for any trouble that occurs among Users or between Users and third parties in connection with the Services.
- In the case that there is a social media other than the Official Account that has the same name as the Official Account, the Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not be liable in any event.
- The Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not be liable for any spoof postings on the Official Account.
- The Prefecture and the Secretariat shall not be authorized in any event to answer questions concerning websites or social media operated by the respective operating companies other than the Prefecture and the Secretariat, or software or applications provided by third parties.
Article 5: Intellectual Property Rights and Privacy
- Intellectual property rights within and to the Services and posted data (text, images, illustrations, videos and sounds, etc.) (referring to copyrights, rights of patent, utility models, designs, trademarks and other intellectual property rights, and including rights to receive such intellectual property rights or to apply for the registration of the same) shall be vested entirely in the original copyright owners or the persons to whom the copyright is licensed, and the license to use the Services based on the Terms shall not mean the license to use the intellectual property rights within and to the Services and posted data.
- When they use the Services, Users shall represent and warrant to the Prefecture and the Secretariat that they have valid rights, and that their use does not infringe the rights of third parties.
- If Users who own intellectual property rights to posted data post such data in connection with the use of the Services, it is deemed that the Users grant the Prefecture and the Secretariat a non-exclusive license free of charge concerning the intellectual property rights in question, only in the scope necessary for the Prefecture and the Secretariat to operate the Services at the time of the posting.
Article 6: Change of Terms
- The Prefecture may change the Terms without obtaining the consent of the Users. In this case, the Terms after the change shall take effect when the Prefecture posts the same on Official Site For Tourism Aichi "Aichi Now", unless the Prefecture specifies separately otherwise.
- Users who do not agree with the revised Terms concerning the Services are requested to discontinue their use of the Services.
Article 7: Governing Law and Jurisdiction
The Terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Japan. Any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the Terms shall be submitted to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Nagoya District Court, Japan, in the first instance.
Article 8: Supplemental Provisions
These Terms shall come into force as of April 1, 2020.